|
|
|
Friday, March 20, 2009 - 6.09 GMT |
|
Civilian influx exceeds 47,000 |
|
|
|
|
More than 47,000 civilians have crossed
over to the government controlled areas so
far amidst various threats from LTTE and
more than 5000 have arrived during last six
days said Disaster Management and Human
Rights Minister Mahinda Samarasinghe
addressing media at the Presidential
Secretariat yesterday.
He said 1265 metric tons of food and medical
supplies have been dispatched to the
uncleared areas last week.
“The name of the Mullaitivu Regional
Director of Health Services and forged
letterheads are being used by the LTTE to
mislead the international community,” the
Minister said.
Minister Samarasinghe said 52 important
medical items were sent to regional medical
supplies department on March 5 to be sent to
Kilinochchi and Mullaitivu.
|
|
|
|