News Line

    Go to Home Back
Email this to a friend
Printable version
Wednesday, September 09, 2009 - 08.51 GMT

Compensation for families of deceased ME employees

 

The Foreign Ministry handed over compensation cheques totaling Rs. 45.6 million to 22 families of the employees who died during their employment in the Middle East.

President Mahinda Rajapaksa had been keen to ensure that compensations entitled to Sri Lankan nationals should be obtained expeditiously and without any pilfering by any of the connected agencies, the Foreign Minister said.

The Foreign Ministry said it has so far made payments in compensation totaling Rs. 140 million to next of kin of affected families during the year 2009.

 


 









 


 
   
   
   
   
   

top

   

Contact Information: Send mail to priu@presidentsoffice.lk with questions or comments about this web site.
Last modified: September 09, 2009.

Copyright © 2008 Policy Research & Information Unit of the Presidential Secretariat of Sri Lanka. All Rights Reserved.