The access road to the Bandaranaike International Airport, Katunayake will be closed from 8 pm on February 12 to 6 am on February 13 to facilitate development work of the railway line along Canada Friendship road.
According to a press release issued by the Airport and Aviation Services Ltd following alternative roads should be used to reach and leave the Airport on this day.
Passengers due to leave Sri Lanka on this day should arrive at the Airport at least four hours before their time of departure.
[Vehicles from Colombo could reach the Airport through] -
* Ja Ela - Ekala - Minuwangoda Andiambalama road
* Seeduwa - Raddolugama - Seeduwa junction. Baseline road and Avariwatte.
* Turning to Temple road at the 18th post on Negombo main road and proceeding along ‘Y’ (Kuluna) junction, Baseline road and Avariwatte.
[Vehicles from Negombo] -
* Turn to Akkarapanaha road from Telwatte junction, Negombo and proceed along Kimbulapitiya junction and Andiambalama.
* Turn to Kimbulapitiya road from Galkanda junction on Negombo main road and proceed along Andiambalama.
Passengers proceeding to Colombo and Negombo from the Airport too can use these same roads.