News Line

    Go to Home Back
Email this to a friend
Printable version
Friday, March 04, 2011 - 07.10 GMT

More ex-LTTE cadres re-integrated soon

 

The next batch of ex-LTTE combatants to be released will comprise males who are married and have children, said Commissioner General of Rehabilitation Brigadier Sudantha Ranasinghe.

This group is identified considering their wives and children, living without their husbands and fathers, he said.

The government reunited 106 ex-combatants who successfully completed their rehabilitation period with their relatives marking Maha Shivarathri festival (March 3).

The Commissioner stated that around 4,500 ex-LTTE combatants are currently undergoing rehabilitation. Most of them are LTTE cadres who surrendered to the Army following the defeat of the LTTE.

During the last stages of the war against terrorism, security forces detained 11,696 ex-LTTE cadres. The government has so far reintegrated 5,764 ex-cadres who underwent an extensive rehabilitation programme.






 
                  008

 
   
   
     
   
   

top

   

Contact Information:: Send mail to priu@presidentsoffice.lk with questions or comments about this web site.
Last modified: March 04, 2011.

Copyright © 2008 Policy Research & Information Unit of the Presidential Secretariat of Sri Lanka. All Rights Reserved.