News Line

    Go to Home Back
Email this to a friend
Printable version
Monday, March 14, 2011 - 05.28 GMT

Demining near completion

 

The demining programme in the north has reached the final stage now, the Presidential Task Force for the development of the Northern Province of Sri Lanka said.

The government has spent 650 million rupees in demining operations so far, the Secretary of the Task Force S.B. Divaratne told Sri Lanka Broadcasting Corporation and praised Sri Lanka Army for their remarkable service in demining operations.

Resettled families are now engaged in agricultural and other routing activities without fear of landmines, he noted.
 





 

                  004

 
   
   
     
   
   

top

   

Contact Information:: Send mail to priu@presidentsoffice.lk with questions or comments about this web site.
Last modified: March 14, 2011.

Copyright © 2008 Policy Research & Information Unit of the Presidential Secretariat of Sri Lanka. All Rights Reserved.