News Line

    Go to Home Back
Email this to a friend
Printable version
Monday, March 21, 2011 - 05.39 GMT
No SL casualties in Libya

 

No Sri Lankan casualties have been reported so far due to the attacks on Tripoli and other targets in Libya by the coalition forces. Any kind of information will only be available in the coming days, the External Affairs Ministry said.

Around 1000 Lankans were already repatriated to Sri Lanka according to their request earlier this month, while Sri Lankans currently in Libya are staying there voluntarily, Sarath Dissanayake, Director General Public Communications of the Ministry said.

"We will facilitate the safe return of any Sri Lankan if they request to come back home," he said.
 





 

                  004

 
   
   
     
   
   

top

   

Contact Information:: Send mail to priu@presidentsoffice.lk with questions or comments about this web site.
Last modified: March 21, 2011.

Copyright 2008 Policy Research & Information Unit of the Presidential Secretariat of Sri Lanka. All Rights Reserved.