|
The temporary suspension imposed on Sri Lankan workers leaving for Bahrain has been lifted from April 1.
The Sri Lanka Bureau of Foreign Employment said the decision was taken following the situation in Bahrain returning to normal.
The Bureau said a temporary ban on job seekers leaving for Bahrain was imposed due to the political upheaval in that country last month.
Now that life has returned to normal in that country, there was no necessity to impose the ban any more.
The Bureau has lifted the ban in consultation with Sri Lanka Consul General in Bahrain.
The unrest in certain Middle-East countries did not have much effect on Sri Lanka with 4,7180, 4,5976 and 4,9812 Lankans finding employment in January, February and March respectively, the Bureau officials said.
|