Emir of the State of Qatar will King Tamimi bin Hamad Al Thani will arrive in Sri Lanka on 24th of March.
The Emir will hold discussions with President Maithripala Sirisena on upgrading bilateral ties between the two countries.
During the Emir's visit, two Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) between Sri Lanka and Qatar for the development of sports and on Youth Development Activities are scheduled to be signed.
The MoU for the purpose of strengthening the cooperation in the field of sports will focus on the development and cooperation in the following sectors:
• Sports that required by persons with handicaps
• Control of using banned stimulators
• Management and maintenance of sport facilities
• Cooperation in all sectors related to sports and its development
• Any other cooperation in relation to agreed sports
The MoU to be signed with the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Government of Qatar will cover the following:
• Exchanging of information about youth associations, youth centers, and in other areas of youth policy in both countries and enhance cooperation
• Extending invitations to international youth events held in both countries
• Exchanging youth visits, visits of officials and experts in the field of youth and conduct of youth cultural exchange programs
• Cooperation on all fields related to youth development to strengthen the friendship between the two countries
• Exchanging information and enhance cooperation on issues related to the employment of unemployed youth and
• Any other agreed areas of cooperation related to youth
Meanwhile, the police department said the vehicle movement along several roads leading from the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) to Colombo will be restricted on Tuesday for the King's visit to the island.